About Me

This blog is where I (Mallory) will post all about the adventures we take to complete The Lunchbox List

Saturday, February 27, 2010

#46 Share God's word with someone you don't know

This weekend Mallory is accomplishing this task on the list. She was asked to do the halftime devotional for Upwards Basketball & Cheerleading. She is the gym manager for Pinelake during the season, so she has been able to see every practice and game and seen the children grow with Christ. So with that, she took on the task to speak to all of the family and friends of the players. She spoke about STRESS because this past week she has had alot of stress on her, considering she was crazy and took three AP classes her Junior year. Her devotional was from:

Psalm 31:1-5

For the director of music. A psalm of David.

1 In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge;
let me never be put to shame;
deliver me in your righteousness.

2 Turn your ear to me,
come quickly to my rescue;
be my rock of refuge,
a strong fortress to save me.

3 Since you are my rock and my fortress,
for the sake of your name lead and guide me.

4 Free me from the trap that is set for me,
for you are my refuge.

5 Into your hands I commit my spirit;
redeem me, O LORD, the God of truth.

The author of this passage was stressed out. His enemies were after him. He clearly understood that God was his help, God was his refuge, his deliverer, his rescuer, his strength, his strong hold, his fortress, his leader, his truth.
The same God that the author of this passage turned to in a time of stress or worry, is the same God that loves and cares for us in the same way. We need to internalize these characteristics of God. God has our backs and can handle any of our problems if we just ask him to. He will not put you to it, if He cannot get you through it.

So with this in mind, Mallory ended with this.

Psalm 31:24
24 Be strong and take heart,
all you who hope in the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment